Name/Alias: Kotaro Ohkoshi
Age: 28
Years as mangaka: 9
Years in Garo: 9
First work in Garo: Akagumi no Kachi (Red Team Wins), Dec. 1986, 6 pages.
1. What motivated you to submit your work to Garo?
It was recommended by my high school art teacher.
2. How long did it take to be accepted? How many times did you try/how many works did you submit?
Two months, two times/works.
3. What type of pen are you currently using?
Maru, Kabura, G, Rotring, the rest are secret.
4. Did your attitude toward Garo and manga change before and after being accepted into Garo?
Yes, it did.
5. Advantages and disadvantages of drawing for Garo.
The advantage is that I meet a lot of people (writers and readers). I don't see any disadvantages.
6. Do your family members or relatives know that you draw manga? If yes, what do they say?
Everyone knows about it. They tell me to keep up the good work.
7. When have you ever felt like an idiot in your work? Also, if you have ever been called an idiot, when was it?
I'd like to say "Fucking idiots" to those who are loose with the manuscript payment. I guess they think "Fuck off, you idiot" when I demand it.
8. What do you think is most necessary to continue being a manga artist?It depends on the style, but in my case it's eroticism.
Thank you for your scanlations of Ohkoshi’s work! It has been such a revelation. Truly a brilliant artist… can’t seem to find much info about him
ReplyDelete